...words of wisdom...

...life...sometimes it's like that...sometimes it's not...
















3 May 2007

yeay for Mary Carter!!!

April is tax month...gosh darn! isn't that just great?
I love it! I did my e-filing on 30th April 2007 @ around 8/9-ish pm...just in time...

I had to do it like, 3 times before I got it right.
See, I changed company mid-06, which means I have 2 companies from which to declare my tax.

I was with a 3rd party agent who did some work for my current company at the time and since it was small company, they did not pay my tax monthly for me.
The first time I read my EA form, I was like "What!! I have to pay RM 1,700+ for tax?!!"
Then it was when I was doing e-filing that I realised that was something else altogether.

Hee hee...malu!

The company I'm with right now...House of Siham...would deduct tax on a monthly basis for their employees (phew!). No need to worry so much la.
Which means it would state the amount they've already paid for me in my EA form, which I totally missed out the first "glance" I gave it.

So the first time I had to do it, I only declared tax for 1 of the 2 company.
Tapi sebab busy sangat with reserving tickets for Wild Hog, I was auto logged out.
Harumph!

Then the 2nd time I did it, I forgot to put in the amount which I've already paid.
Luckily tak save.

3rd and final time I had to do it, I amended the form to show the amount already paid.

Masa the 2nd time I remembered to put in my insurance.
But wrong column, and luckily I noticed masa did my 3rd time....sigh.

So because I have insurance rebate for RM 3,000.00 (thank God I have 2 insurance, so useful aside from the death thing...) my tax yg I kena bayar pun sikit je....

Woo hoo!

Unfortunately, it also goes to show how sikit I make per month, which is why my monthly tax pun sikit.
Harumph! Again!

Anyway, tax is done...phew!
The amount is a good one...phew!

And this year must remember to keep receipts for the books I buy.
Aw shucks!
So ignorant I did not know I could get rebate for buying books.
And I buy books so often too! At one time I think I bought RM400.00 worth of books in one receipt....

Takpe la....I buy a lot of books, so maybe this year dapat rebate for full RM 700.00
Ee! best nya!

Any....last 2 days were holidays due to Labour Day and Wesak Day.

I first planned on watching Wild Hog.
I've booked the ticket, but couldn't remember whether it was for Tuesday or Wednesday.
Called the place but engaged all the time.

In the end, I didn't even go cause I was having so much fun sleeping in...I woke up late.
Then restless, nak cari makan....supposedly nak pegi Curve eat at Friday's, but so expense, so I went to HSC to fill up my phat belly, then I went to La Villave Deux. Went straight up to MPH and ended up buying 3 books!
Man...how the hell did that happen?
Oh well....luckily I also brought me MPH card, so I get points.

When I was gonna leave, there was this guy who asked how much discount he'll get for a book with his MPH card.
The cashier told him no discount, just points.
Then he kept repeating "Saya nak points buat apa....apa saya nak buat dengan points...saya tak nak points...saya nak discount".
Kind of reminded me of my dad, actually....adeh....

It kind of annoyed me to some degree...
I guess working with policy so much, you get a little annoyed when people try to push their luck and "threaten" the other person whose just "doing their job" with stuff like that.
Then make sooooo much noice.
Nak jumpa manager la itu la ini la......aya! I need to resign.

Anyway, went to **Starbucks**.
Had to go to the ladies first, but from afar I saw this spot I sooo wanted to sit at.
Big comfy chair, only meant for 2 (enuf for me and my bag and books - the book and bag can share a seat..Buntut diorg tak besar sangat).

When I came back from the ladies, I was sooooo happy (oh I'm so happy!) to see my spot so nicely without any occupants.
Its fate! C'est kismet! I'm so happy....so very very happy.....
So I bought me some munch munch and sit my buntut down and happily started reading Mary Carter's She'll Take It

Ok, yes, so I finally get to the point of the story....sattup!

Mary Carter's book was sooo good...kelakar gile!
There was another book of hers which looked interesting...Accidentally Engaged, but She'll Take It was cheaper, so I took that instead.
I've just bought another 3 books a few days ago (also amounting to about RM 100+)

I was laughing and laughing during the first few 20 pages...
ok...that could have also been the coffee laughing, but seriously! this book is funny!

Its about this girl whose from this so dysfunctional family and whose dad was never around.
She's a klepto...and gets a high from her klepto-y-ness moments...which goes to show how stable her life is lah.

Sometimes, you might feel as if this chick is a little pathetic, too dreamy, not at all mature (not in the attitude sense, but more of getting her life straight) and pretty low in the self-esteem department.

But at the same time, she's really funny and you have the "sense" that she's actually a good kid.
A little weird and so totally trying to escape reality, but hey! who isn't, rite?

She prays to sainst, such as Saint of Kleptomaniacs, Saint of Neurotic Impulses, Saint of Obscure Skills and Saint of Men Who Want to Call But Have Suddenly Had All Their Fingers Chopped Up in a Horrible Blending Accident and Finally Decide to Call With a Pencil in Their Mouth.

I looked up what Neurosis meant on dictionary.com :

1. Also called psychoneurosis. a functional disorder in which feelings of anxiety, obsessional thoughts, compulsive acts, and physical complaints without objective evidence of disease, in various degrees and patterns, dominate the personality.
2. a relatively mild personality disorder typified by excessive anxiety or indecision and a degree of social or interpersonal maladjustment.


And my sisters think I'm crazy...?

Oh ya, she's also a little paranoid and a pathalogical liar...but its ok..cause Mary Carter makes her love-able anyway.

Any, Melanie is this actress wannabe, who has only played a whore, been in a TV commercial for a Viganil Cream (only her hand was shown) and many other similar BIG projects...mmm-hmm...
She decided she wanted to be an actress when she was 8 and have not changed her mind since then.
Her mom is constantly in denial (hmm....like mine) and her bro is the doted son, cause he's a lawyer.
At least, the good thing about her is that she knows what she wants, which is more than I can say for me...hee hee.

She's one of those actresses who uses Sense Memory (ie, recalling on real-life personal past experiences in order to emote and "become" the character).
She kinda takes it to the next crazy level, tho, cause when she was in school play (@ age 8) she played the Wicked Witch in Snow white and she ends up getting so angry she actually smacked Snow White....
mm-hmm...

sigh....anyway, it was a good read....can't wait to get her other book!

ok then...enough rambling for the day....nak balik....

muah!

No comments: