this house of siham kan .. penukaran berlaku dengan secara mendadak dan juga amat kerap la!
i tell you, the change management team should be the biggest team in this siham palace.
And, per usual, when you change unit, that also means you change work station.
In the last 2+ years (yes...I have been here THAT long), I have moved all of 6 times...and more times to come since we're actually at a transit work station until Q3...sigh....
Gosh!
Effective 23rd May, I, and some of me colleagues, were transferred to another unit.
This is basically the unit which acts as the GATEKEEPERS (the word batt loves to use) for the team.
In actual fact, another colleague and I were probably transferred because of our numerous screw-ups.
Well, if you let one person handle either a large/demanding population and when clearly help is required but not provided, who should you blame but yourself?
Of course, me being me...after a while of tensi-ness, I just stopped caring.
Which is not good since that means I also stopped caring about the work.
Of course, I do think I did my work to the best of my abilities; whatever I could do, I would do it, mistakes aside.
This is actually not an easy dept to be in, due to the Global reorganisation we're going through.
So JD pun still takde (almost 1 year already) and even management cannot produce a JD for us; and we're supposed to be the Jaga of People.
Ah well...that's life tho rite...and one has to learn to just go with the flow.
To be honest, I don't mind being transferred.
The work is not necessarily easier and there is a chance I'll be on shift.
But I have been looking for a change, which is what I am getting here.
And the break we get from having to attend training and all is good as well, meaning I get to go home by 5 pm everyday!!!
Yee ha!
Since I've joined another (already existing) team, that also means there is already an existing Line Manager.
However, my unit is new, so I have a new Team Lead, who, just so happens, is new to the Siham culture, life and whatnots la.
The good thing is that she comes in with a fresh and open mind (I don mind saying I have stirred up some trouble, typical rebelious me..hee hee!)
But she seems fair and open-minded, tho firm (which is good).
She's also experienced, respectful of her subordinates (hate that word!) and not the type to go jumping around for no reason.
Meaning if a problem occurs, she would ask rather than assume.
Meaning she treats us as professional adults and gives us a fair chance to tell our side of the story without already making assumptions on whether we'd lie or re-hash or whatever.
All in all, I gotta say this move is good for me.
I was thinking of leaving, due to the politics (batt is SO biased and polictics is rife).
I'm not a suck-up and I'm vocal, which means at times, my managers get weary of me and what I have to say, my opinions and behaviour in general.
They would either prefer it, since I speak my mind and am honest, or would hate it, since it might seem like I'm resistance to changes, authorities and whatnot.
Not to say that I am, but not to say that that's completely untrue, too.
I'm ok to change, so long as its not forced upon me.
And I'm ok with orders, so long as its not presented to me in a I BOSS YOU KULI manner, which my former LM often did.
However, as one of me frens have told me, sometimes, though you don't wanna play the game, you just have to.
Otherwise, its tantamount to career suicide.
Or job suicide, if you don think this is something you might wanna do for the rest of your life.
Well, always looking for growth and development and new things to do (yes, I get restless pretty darn quickly), but that's just me.
Like I said...I'll settle down soon enough.
OK! Back to the training....later!
Volks Burger @ Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment