...words of wisdom...

...life...sometimes it's like that...sometimes it's not...
















6 April 2007

Full of Jit @ BSC

Yesterday I watched "Full of Jit"...held @ BSC; another one of Jit's shows.

Of course, "it" being Jit, we were really expecting quite an exciting nite.

Me fren (Maya) and colleague @ the House of Sihams told me about it.
She booked the tix (2 on her side for her and her bff) and 3 on mine (for me, and 2 frens Aida and Ida)
Aida can't make it...last minute instructions to pick her parents up @ KLIA
Maya's bff can't make it...dono why
Ida who from primary school informed her sis, so her sis took up the last tix.

2 parts altogether, divided into (I guess what you'd call) scenes.
5 scenes, to be specific.
It was his 2nd nite.....and the show was....erm...so-so...unfortunately.
Not one of Jit's shining moments lah.
He referred to his script/guide quite a bit.

The 1st part was quite fun...tho I kept telling myself "don't laugh so loud!"
Malu lah a bit....I laugh very loud one you know....not all that attractive some more.

The 2nd half was......blah.
Can't even remember what it was about now.
Ah yes! Its some government officer who can't speak English well and is all about doing nice things and making people feel good.
Apparently that's the Government's latest motto "Fell Good".
There's one TV channel that deems itself the feel good factor.....which TV channel oso I cannot remember.....haha!

Then we break for intermission.
Ida, her sis and I went to McD to makan cuz so lapar.
Came back in and the 2nd part dah on for about 5-10 minutes
Scene 1 of part 2 was more of a reminscing kind of scene.
Maybe a bit "storybook telling" style....but unfortunately, this tak jadi langsung.
What, I suppose, was meant to be a warm, cozy, "This was my past and what made me, me" became more of a "I can't remember what I wanted to talk about so I need to refer to my script as often as I can".

Which is a darn shame....cuz d setting tue terel la jugak
And his story had some light funny moments, but Jit is best bring impromptu
Or at least, seeming impromptu.

Scene 2 of Part 2 was so much better.
His alter ego, the make-up and hairdresser of famous artists.
She was bloody funny...again with the "don't laugh so loud!" moments.
Funny enough, I can't remember her name......

Part 5 was just Jit closing the show...talking about how people should be more open to change and criticisms and don't try to tindaskan those people who are trying to "modernise" things and make people open their minds a bit more.
I was surprised that he mentioned Marina Mahathir, especially since he always make fun of Tun.
But then again, the father does not make the daughter... and Marina is rather outspoken about her thoughts and feelings on how restrictive and make people feel good...don't do things that are not nice
In fact, Marina criticised her father's administration as much as anyone did, more openly, in fact.

But that's besides the point of today's blog...
Today's blog was about Jit and how his show was rather blah (even though there were many funny moments squeezed happily in between).

Here's something I learned tho....when you've done something and want to blog about it... don't wait to long after the fact.
You won't remember much.

No comments: