...words of wisdom...

...life...sometimes it's like that...sometimes it's not...
















12 June 2010

...vanquished by bad acting and cringeworthy lines...

Satu hari beberapa hari yang lalu, I went to watch Vengeance.

I gotta say...WOW! Wat a freakin' bore!

Throughout prolly 75% of the movie...sorry, make that 90% of the movie, I was either bored to death, rolling my eyes or scoffing.

First of all, this is a Thai movie. I was expecting it to b freakin' awesome, what wif Ong Bak and Chocolate leaving me breathless (oooooooooo!!)
But oh tidak...oh sungguh tidak.
Ketidakan nya sungguh banyak sehingga tidak terkata pula.

The only awesome parts, which I can remember (yes, I require massive amounts of gingko biloba) are the 3 fight scenes at the end of the movie...
as I always say...you wait forever, ok.

The story is about a policewoman, who voluntereed to join the special forces. She was given the codename Genja and drafted to join the Vanquisher unit by hapake entah nama dia, but starts with the letter C.
But, Vanquisher, as instructed by the mat salleh CIA boss who cannot act, was supposed to be axed. Hence those in the unit were also to be axed.
Yes...CIA is known for their kejamness.

Anyhoo..Genja tak mati (of course). a few years later Thailand is experiencing attacks by some loons.
The Muslim extremists in Thailand is set up to be blamed, but d real penjahats is actually shhhhh...

The C-lady cannot act. I think she ad-libbed the English. Mebe they thought she can translate her part of the script into English.
Oh..they certainly over-estimated her abilities. "we are to be landed here...once we are landed..." "let it be my job"

I wanted to slap her silly!
apa....my moment for drama plak la...

So...after Genja was betrayed by d CIA, she went into hiding (didn't seem like it in the movie, but that's what another site said).
Genja, who needs to wax her oh-so-obvious mustache is clearly a big fan of the F-cup Cookies (pun intended). They most certainly took advantage of that fact.

Imagine my surprise...so many ppl know how to sword fight.
Imagine la..cuz I wasn't.
The production company wanted to save a lot of money, it seems.
Everyone who faught with a sword used the same samurai sword. Same length, same colour, same everything. As if production bought the stuff by bulk.
Prolly from alibaba.com

D exception being d head Japanese dude (acted by a real Japanese dude).
He prolly brought one wif him from Japan.
Oh...and his driver, who used a pendek samurai sword and unfortunately experienced a most anti-climactic death.

Anyway, this movie is so boring and I just really have a poor memory (sometimes pronounced as 'pruh'), so I will jus summarise:

All d actresses faught in black tank tops; also baught in bulk from alibaba.com

No one can act.

Got "international cast"..but they also cannot act
2 mat sallehs; one an American terrorist who didn't have any lines.
One the CIA big kahuna dude who shudn't have had any lines.
4 Japanese

Got one African (based on the accent)
I think he forgot his lines a LOT
During the scene where he was supposed to be convincing, he only seemed hesitant and unsure, prolly cuz he forgot his lines.

Only 3 actresses can do hand-to-hand fighting..Genja, C-lady and The Other Policewoman.
Their fight scenes wif each other were pretty amazing.

verdict: if you're bored and wanna waste $10...then ok. If you're a guy and wanna see loads of boob shots...ok. If you're sane..don bother

No comments: