On Saturday I went to The Curve and dropped by Borders.
Well, first I went to get some cash out. RM X....which I told myself (while still at the ATM) would last me the whole of the week.
Then I went to Borders.
Haha!
There goes my warning to myself.....woosh! out the window.
Ok, seriously.....I can't really stand not buying books.
I love to read..love as in L.O.V.E LOVE to read.
I can read many different types of books, but me fave has got to be romance or where there's some goody relationship thing going on.
But I have difficulty finding new authors to read, since I'm always so worried they're style of writing isn't my style of reading.
I honestly can't stand authors who begin every sentence the same way "She staggered up the steps..weary and bone tired. She opens the door. She walks into her room, switching on the lights and the ceiling fan. She drops onto the bed, tired. She tries to keep her eyes open, but she could not."
Balik2 She She She She She.....cannot start the sentence differently, is it? sigh...
Neither am I fond of authors who don't know how to use the apostrophe button on the keyboard and shorten the words when writing out the dialogues.
Like "You are going to be sorry you did that!", "We are so sorry we were late", "She will never forgive you", "She will never forgive him", "I am very tired".
Say la I'm ke... she's ke... you're ke...
Ya sure...sure...small stuff, but things like this make the reading less fun, since it deters the readers from imagining the scene easily.
These kind of annoyances interrupts the smooth reading.
Anyway, I'm slowly opening my mind and learning to accept some new authors.
The trick is basically just to relax through the reading and once you get into the groove, you're set to go.
Course, there are still some authors who annoy the heck out of me....heh heh!
Anyway, I actually bought 4 books at Borders, which is a lot!!
Lucky for me there's a 15% off for adult fiction, meaning my RM32 books became RM 27.20 and my RM 28 book became RM 23.80!
Yeay!
I spent, in total, RM 115+ at Borders...
sigh....!
one book I finished in just 2 days, cuz its just so GOOD!!!! I love the two main characters!
They're so much fun, intelligent, strong.
There's 3 books already on these 2 characters, but I've only read the 1st and 3rd, which is still ok, cuz that did not make reading the 3rd book any more difficult or confusing, just cause I havent' read the 2nd.
I just could not figure out which of the 4 books I wanted to read first.
kah kah kah!
Later when I get home, I'm gonna start of Deidre Martin's book.
She's funny, the last book of her's that I read was really fun.
Alah! but nothing and I mean NOTHING beats The Wedding.
That has got to be my all time favourite book.
I just wish Julie Garwood actually came out with a book for Quinlan (sigh....he is soo-o-o-o yummy!)
Ok, so any, while at Borders, I came across this book I flipped through before.
It has this really....erm...inspirational phrases, which are roll-on-the-floor funny.
So here they are below...just for fun.
I love this book! It has the best quotes ever.....
anyway, here they are.....for your reading pleasure...
* There's no problem so big and complicated that it can't be run away from
* Those are my principles, and if you don't like em...well, I have others.
* I always try to go the extra mile at work but my boss always finds me...and brings me back.
* My take home pay doesn't even take me home.
* Just let me shop and no one will get hurt
* At the end of the money, I still have some month left (so true!!!)
* If there's no chocolate in heaven, I'm not going.
* Everytime I hear the word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate (ay, Tiza? 8 min of running will do me in)
* Everything in moderation, including moderation.
* Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.
* Princess, having had sufficient experience with princes, seeks frog. (erm.....what princes?)
* Out of eostrogeon. Next mood swing : 2 minutes (net, yg nie I agak nya...I've found a reason....kah kah kah)
* I hate repeating gossip, but really, what can you do with it? (hey eiseai......this one's for us...hahaha)
* As you get older, your secrets are safe with your friends - they can't remember them either.
* Middle age is when we can do just as much as ever - but would rather not.
* I live in my own little world, but its ok, they know me here....
and my all time fave...
* GONE CRAZY, BACK SOON.
woo hoo!
Volks Burger @ Ampang, Kuala Lumpur
13 years ago
2 comments:
wat good is a gossip if its not repeated??
well, yes, eiseai.
but ot depends jugak la u rpt pada sapa n abt sapa....
cannot la just pass things ard similar to making 'passing comments' like some bloody tak berfikir mulut tempayan, isn't it?
Post a Comment