Well, I love these quizzes anyway..
it's always fun to see what they say you are.....and then you can spend the rest of the day, week or month wondering if its true and whether you have exhibited any "symptoms" or "signs" to confirm what they say...
This past few weeks its been slow at the office...
Some more today I is so sleeps so I googled for some stuff...Manchausen Syndrome was one of them.
Read up on that after I read on Yahoo! News about a mother whose been poisoning her child with sodium (ie, salt).
Apparently it was to "hasten the death of a suffering child".
Poor kid...the kid's only 4 months old and his mom's only 21..apparently she has 2 other children..
I remember one of Eminem's song, he said that his mother had Manchausen Syndrome
There's 2 types; Manchausen Syndrome is when you keep making yourself sick, Manchausen Syndrome by Proxy is when you make your child or the child in your care sick.
Quite an interesting read la...which made me wonder about Hypochondriac
Just the fact that I knew how to spell that wowed me..
Google google and I found a site; all it asks is for you to tick which symptoms you have and it'll calculate whether or not you are a Hypochondriac.
My results.....28% Hypochondriach
You Are 28% Hypochondriac |
![]() You can deal well with being sick - even if your symptoms are a little scary. You're occasionally prone to worry about your health, but only when you have pretty strange symptoms. |
Here's what I ticked:
- If you are even just a little under the weather, you see the doctor to be on the safe side.
- You tend to get bad headaches.
- You tend to feel tired.
- Even though you haven't had a serious illness, you tend to go to the doctor a lot.
- You keep old, unused prescription medicine around - just in case you need it.
- You are obsessed with medical shows both fictional and real.
- You get stomach aches more than most people.
Explainable...
- I don't like staying sick...getting sick days ain't fun when you're sick and not able to enjoy the "off" days.
- I clench my jaw out of habit and sometimes tense up my neck when I'm stressed...I get headaches when I do this
- I can't sleep 6/7/8 hours straight; I wake up numerous times at night to either go to the toilet or feed my cat or scold them cuz they make too much noise
- Not sure what "serious illness" refers to in this case, but just in case asthma, gastric and sinus aren't considered serious illness, I ticked this box
- Yeah...I keep old, unused prescriptions. 1: I've paid for them; 2: I or someone else may need them
- I L.O.V.E House..and Grey's and Private Practise...used to love ER. and real medical shows are really interesting...
- I have gastric and don't really watch what I eat (need to cut down on the coffee and tea, sambal and quite a few others which make it worse. Need to eat more regularly and not wait too long when my tummy already starts to ache.)
I guess that's why its only 28% and not higher....

No comments:
Post a Comment