...words of wisdom...

...life...sometimes it's like that...sometimes it's not...
















29 August 2008

gone!!! all gone!!

a few days ago, I switched on my laptop, double-clicked on me iTunes and found that all of my songs and playlists have been deleted!!
gasp! how could this be!!
over 3000 songs and all of em gone!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh cruel cruel world....how you've hurt-ed me...my heart torn asunder
nobooooody knoooows...the trouble I've seeeeeen....sniff sniff..

drama or not

I thought I could transfer all the songs from my Nano back into the iTunes, but then realised that somehow, this is a whole 'nother iTunes...
somehow, my previous iTunes was deleted and a new iTunes was downloaded.

and since Mac is so smart, they made sure that one iPod can only be linked to 1 iTunes library

meaning you can't transfer songs between iTunes library via an iPod
so if I wanted to sync my Nano to this iTunes, I have to delete everything in my Nano.
'course, I didn't wanna do that without downloading the songs first.....

luckily, I didn't have to do that physically, since all of the songs are still in me laptop's musique folder
took a good 12 hours to transfer and convert.
only to realise the following day that some songs were duplicated..
not sure how this happened, cuz seriously, I aint no techy...
but my guess is, that happened when the conversion was done the night before.

argh! over 2000 songs duplicated....and now I had to go through the whole bloody library and delete the duplicates.
farkin' tedious, I swear....took me a few hours to sort through this
and since some songs were from different albums (and could be different versions)
eg, T'Pau's China In Your Hands (daymn cool 80s song) from Pure Pop album is totally different from the one from the Remember album.

so now everything's somewhat back to normal
I have new playlists...I think most of the CDs I have are now in my iTunes
I still have a few I need to download (from the CD itself) like Evanesence's first album

but I only have 300 songs! sniff sniff....
arghhhh.....so tensi....


No comments: