
TWILIGHT is a teen-movie, about a vamp who fell in love with a human
it's based on New York Times Best selling author, Stephanie Meyer.
The book was a success....weras the movie...erm...to an almost 30 year old like me, not so much.
It could have been waaaaaaaaay better...like..waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
My guess is the casting.
I seem to remember an interview they had with Robert Pattinson who played the lead male, Edward Cullen - also the yummy dude who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter.
I seem to remember him being a better actor, but he wasn't all that bad in this movie, actually.
Nope. The problem, I think, was with the female lead they cast - Kristen Stewart.
Yup...she sucked. Bad.
I can't believe it. Everyone was acting good enuf.
How did they end up with her? Sure, she was in Panic Room and apparently received "critical acclaim" for her role...but not so in this movie.
If her character was supposed to feel awkward with Edward, I can say the only part that's awkward about her role was her acting.
Seriously...even the waitress who probably has never been in a movie other than to do non-speaking roles was a better actress than she was.
argh! I hate watching movies when any of the main actors can't act.
it's so distracting!
and talk about lack of chemistry between the two...probably the only time when they seemed to click together was when they were acting the usual stuff, like laughing, kissing, dancing...
but definitely not during the i don't-wanna-hurt-you-but-i-need-you-don-leave-me-i-dono-wat-to-do crap scenes
ah!! sucks!
lucky it was only 7.50......
and they postponed Harry Potter for this!
seriously hope she gets some acting lessons before the sequel is shot
verdict: u can give this one a miss...if you feel like spending cash, buy Starbucks.
ps...the dude who plays bad guy James looks like Bucky from American Idol.
No comments:
Post a Comment