...words of wisdom...

...life...sometimes it's like that...sometimes it's not...
















21 November 2008

...praying for salvation...


i swear, i had the adventure of a lifetime today

I was at Midvalley today to take out cash cuz I had to pay the Admin fees for the data entry work, so after a quick lunch, I drove off to KL, where the office was
But not before earning myself blisters on the bottom and back of both feet
So I had to go and get plasters and stuff for the bawah of the kaki in the kasut

Before I left, I dropped by Starbucks since I hadn't had my Starbucks shot for a few weeks already
Since coffee makes me literally de-hydrate, on the way out, I thought to myself...I'd better go to the loo first, but I didn't feel the need to empty my bladder
So I didn't

Also, all this while I've been driving the Kereta Pandu Uji, I've been looking at the wrong gauge too see the level of petrol still available
What I thought was the petrol gauge was actually the gauge for the kepanasan of the kereta
So I wasn't overly concerned about the petrol either

Just as I passed the parliment, my bladder started screaming for release
A few minutes later, I noticed the lights for the petrol blinking

Imagine, me on the road at 3pm on a Friday
This is the time the road is jammed with people either going back to work..or for those working in the government, going back
I prayed and prayed and prayed for God to help me out
I just didn't want to have my bladder burst in the Kereta Pandu Uji...
Along the way, I imagines myself getting out of the car, going into the bushes to pee...
Yes, I was that desperate

Oh! D Kepedihan on the south of the perut
Some more I had to put up with some perv in a lorry who actually waggled his eyes at me..
Eeeewww!!
Well, he probably thought I was looking at him cuz I was interested (as if!)
I forgot that since my glasses pretty much covered half of my face, the Death Look I was giving him wasn't conveyed properly

Anyway, as I was driving along, panicking cuz I really REALLY wanted to pee and cuz I was worried the car would stall somewhere on the jammed up roads, I tried to remember where I'd seen petrol stations
Which made me realise that there are more petrol stations in the 'burbs then there are in town
Or maybe there are quite a few in town, but since I rarely visit there, I wasn't very sure about where they may be

Many a times, I was actually considering leaving the car somewhere (drastic, I know), but I'd rather leave it by the side of the road than have it stall in the middle
also, I was thinking of stopping somewhere so I could use the loo, but was worried that the driving to somewhere suitable to park the car and the re-starting of the car would use up more petrol than I had to waste

Then I remembered about the Caltex across the street from Concorde Hotel
The only problem was, I wanted to get off on Jalan Ampang, which meant my exit would have been way before that
Also, once I was done at Caltex, I'm now facing the way back to DH/Bangsar, with no place for a quick convenient u-turn
Which means I'd have to make quite a big turn before I can get back on the right track (may I remind you that I'm not that familiar with the jalan2 di KL City)

Praying all the way, I finally got to Caltex (thank God!!)
First, I had to get some business done, if you know what I mean...
I swear, if I wasn't so desperate, I'd never have stepped into that toilet
It was HORRIBLE!!!
Thank God for my ever-present baby wipes (phew!)
To all those who refuse to believe in the power of baby wipes, to you I say ah-HA!!!

I think I was in there for 5 minutes...yes, I had that much to...erm...deposit...
hihihi

So when I was done and the car now had RM30 worth of petrol in it (phew! x2), I drove off to find my way to Jalan Ampang
Never have I been so glad to see 4 bars lite up on the console
I took it slow and steady and tried to envision (muahaha) the map on my kepala (now stress-free seeing as how my bladder is also fluid-free)
Didn't even have to pusing2...I was calm and collected, as opposed to frazzled and tense as I normally am when I'm lost (akakakaka)
I jus followed the road and there I was...on Jalan Ampang

I'm so proud of myself for not getting lost....yeay me!!
and yeay God for getting me to Wisma Central and back safe and sound...
thanks, dude...lavs you...muah!

No comments: