...words of wisdom...

...life...sometimes it's like that...sometimes it's not...
















5 November 2008

...smelly smelly poo...


Anybody who knows me well, or has been around me for a while knows I'm paranoid about B.O.
Mine and others....
Possible that its 'coz I'm so sensitive to other people's BO that I get so paranoid about my own..

Also 'coz now I sweat very easily..I have no idea why, I just do
Sometimes, it gets to the point where I really don't like having people stand too close to me and especially behind me, cuz my back is actually the sweatiest part of me luscious bod

When I used to work at the House of Siham, I tend to do smell surveys wif some of me colleagues
Walking to the office from the parking was enuf to cause me to sweat..
In fact, I start sweating immediately after I shower, which is really annoying, cuz then you kinda feel like you have to shower again.
I've read somewhere that showering with cold water helps to cool the body, tho...

My very regular question of "smelly tak?" would be asked to Suhaila (I pass by her everyday, so she's usually my first pit stop when I first arrive from work and when I come back from lunch).
Other victims of my smell survey would be Bunnie (she insists she has no reason to lie, but I'm so paranoid, its hard to tell), M'Yeo @ Iggy (she likes to pull my leg anyway), Nora (who really likes to encourage my paranoia, so she says yes, laughs hysterically at my frantic reaction then says no..I can't figure her out...she's more kookoo than me).

I once asked Sweetie-pie Amir (I was sweating profusely that day - Bonda's Raya Open House) and he nodded his head...
Then when my older cousins came, I asked (some of) them, but got a 'no', instead.
OTT: *snicker* I initially spelled it causins...apa Tisu nie la
So now I wonder whether Amir knows what smelly is or if he's just nodding his head for fun..
But if he was honest, then thanks, Sweetie...I appreciate your honesty.

Thing is...when I do my smell survey, I really want an honest answer...
I may not be able to fix it immediately (ie, take a shower or put on perfume), but at least I'm aware and know not to offend others by standing far FAR away...
By d way...don mean you shud tell me I smelly-poo when I don smell, tho. That's jus bein' an ass.

But apparently sweating is good since its the body's way of detoxifying and cooling down.
Well...not when it makes me all stinky poo!

So any...today when I came in to work (so hard to call it this when the salary is like 8 times less than what I used to earn...sigh...) I did some research on the causes.

Here's what I found as the causes from Seasons:
-> Obesity

: oops....no helping this one right now...
-> Warm temp not only stimulate the sweat glands but also cause bacterium to break sweet down into a sticky coating that becomes a magnet for dirt thereby causing bad body odour.
: Can't help this one either...this country has 3 seasons only...hot, rainy and flu...
-> Synthetic fabrics like polyester look good but trap sweat. This trapped sweat makes a perfect breeding ground for bacteria.
: I prefer to wear cotton and coz I feel hot most of the time, carry but don't wear my cardigan
-> Bad eating pattern
: Does this mean if I eat regularly I'd be able to prevent this or just wat I eat?
-> Tight fitting clothes/shoes also increase the likelihood of excess perspiration and body odour.
: I mostly wear flip-flops, tight fitting clothes...erm...happens even when I wear lose clothes, but when I have more cash from The Funder, me is buying more tops..I is fatter..need new wardrobe

Here's what Seasons recommend as ways to combat B.O (I've edited this coz otherwise its too long):
-> When bathing, use a good brush in circular movement.
-> Wear loose cloths instead of figure-hugging ones and change your cloths daily.
-> Double-check your Medicine. Synthetic hormones, oral contraceptives, steroids and some asthma medications stimulate sweat production. Respond by applying medically formulated antibacterial creams to your underarms.
-> Curb your coffee and tea intake. Caffeine can stimulate the autonomic nervous system, which regulates sweating. Limit yourself to two cups daily.
-> Avoid alcohol since it increases perspiration potential by dilating blood vessels.
-> A balance diet is a must. Ideally it should be the one, which has about 20% protein i.e., fish, poultry, or combinations of pulses and grains, 20% oils and fats and balance from vegetables, fruit, pulses and grains.
-> Drinking plenty of water will also ensure that you smell fresh and sweet.
-> Eating a tablespoon of aniseed is other way of smelling fresh and sweet.

Here's what I found from Yahoo :

...Use these to wipe your armspits, instead of deodorant (I find that some react badly to me, so it actually makes it smelly)
-Alcohol, white vinegar or witch hazel
-Try using a crystal rock made from the mineral salt potassium alum instead of a deodorant. It won't keep you dry as an antiperspirant will, but antiperspirants clog your sweat glands and contain aluminum chlorohydrate, which may lead to future health problems.
-Apple cider vinegar eliminates under arm body odor when used in place of deodorant because it reduces the pH of the skin. Bacteria can't live in areas with low pH.
-Use baby powder or talc in areas of heavy perspiration.
-Baking soda, the odor-eating standby, can be used instead of deodorant. Just apply the powder to your dry armpits. It will kill bacteria and help absorb perspiration.
-Cornstarch can also be used instead or mixed with the baking soda.
-Rosemary is an antibacterial herb. Put 8 to 10 drops of the essential oil in 1 ounce of water and appy it where needed.
-> Tea tree is an antibacterial herb. Make a deodorant by putting 2 drops of the essential oil into 1 ounce of water and apply where needed.
-> Towelettes/baby wipes is useful when a tense moment surges the sex hormones which produce fluid under the arms and around the genital areas that, when combined with bacteria, causes odor.
-Turnip juice will reduce underarm odor for up to 10 hours. Grate a turnip, squeeze the juice through cheesecloth, so that you have two teaspoonsful. Wash your armpits first, and vigorously rub one teaspoonful on each one.

-Juice about two dozen radishes, add 1/4 teaspoon of glycerine, and put in a squirt or spray-top bottle. Use as an underarm deodorant or to reduce foot odor.

...Eat or drink this:
-Chewing parsley, alfalfa and other leafy greens will help neutralize body odor, probably because of the deodorizing effect of the chlorophyll.
-Herbalists suggest drinking a cup of sage tea daily to reduce sweat gland activity. This is especially true for those who perspire excessively due to tension. Use 11/2 teaspoonsful of dried sage or two tea bags in one cup of water; steep for ten minutes; drink in small doses throughout the day. Fresh sage leaves blended with tomato juice has been found to be very effective.
-Take 500mg of wheat grass daily on an empty stomach and wash down with a glass of water. The chlorophyll will dramatically reduce body odor.
-> Try taking zinc tablets. Zinc, plus magnesium, will help balance your body's metabolism and reduce the cause of bad odor. 30 to 50mg daily will dramatically reduce certain body odors, although you may need less. Zinc may also reduce perspiration and sweaty feet.
-> Vitamin B complex 50mg/day


If you is as BO paranoid as me...I wish you luck...I'm off to get some sage...

No comments: